nedelja, 03. februar 2008

8th day

Today is 8th day of Wi's first heat.
Apart from more sniffing around the trees and taller objects on walks she's just the same crazy self.

Dora was at the vets a few days ago because an abscess has formed on her right shoulder due to the dog bite previous week. The vet put a tube in her shoulder since there was a lot of liquid inside and we're taking it out tomorrow. Right now both dogs are dressed...Wi wears pants and Dora a shirt.

I took Wi with me today for a bit of running. She loved it as always.
When we went back I accidentally threw (did I mention I'm a bad thrower?) her Kong of the path and off a small cliff. Wi got down no problem and retrieved the Kong but then she couldn't get back the way she got down. She kept jumping up the slope (and sliding back down) when finally she saw that there was a lower slope just a few steps away. She got back up there in a second but managed to get dirt all over her Ruffwear harness. So when we got back home Wi and the harness both went into the bathtub.

The bathtub is now used almost every day at least twice. Since the weather is so messy and there's always rain the ground around has turned into mud. Our backyard has almost no grass on it anymore = the result of training running contacts almost everyday there. So now after every walk or training outside Wi has to be bathed or the whole house is brown and filled with her paw prints and drops of mud and water (when she shakes). Yesterday it was raining and we went out to do a bit of contact training. We only did 5 contacts (4 were really really good, 1 wasn't made because she slipped and jumped off) and went straight back in...Wi was full of mud! And then she decided she wants to see what Dora has in her bowl so she made a nice little mud trail from the terrace to Dora's sleeping place...and then she broke her stay when I went to get a towel so the whole house was muddy. And the stairs...and the bathroom...and she managed to clog the drain with her mud.
I sure hope the weather will perk up a bit soon. Not that this means the dog won't be wet or dirty.

On Friday I took Wi with me to school again. She again was showing her tricks almost every break (and during my gym class) cudling here and there althoug she never went far away from me and ignored everything and everyone while working.
After class we went straight to Tivoli park with a friend of mine and her mix Rex to wait for Urška and Lu. We then went for a 3h walk around Tivoli, Rožnik, Mostec etc. We both loved it and even some rain drops didn't stop us. She finally went to sleep in the car.

A tired dog is a happy dog.

Ni komentarjev: